RSVP Gets Involved
Schedule a Presentation
Host a "Matter of Balance-Falls Prevention" Class
Need a presentation? Are you a member of a service organization, a church, or other community organization/group that needs a program for a meeting? RSVP has trained volunteers for these presentations. Each presentation can be tailored to fit the time allotment you have for a program.
- Get Prepared - Disaster Preparedness -Volunteers will present information on how to have your family prepared for potential disaster or emergencies. Topics include developing a Family Communications Plan, how to assemble a 3-day Disaster Supply Kit for your family and pets, and how to shelter-in-place. Get informed and get prepared! It is not a question of “if” but “when”; we never know when disaster might strike. This presentation is done in collaboration with the Boone County Disaster Assistance Committee and American Red Cross.
- WIN-Wellness, Independence, and Nutrition Outreach Education (Boone County) – RSVP partners with the ISU Extension to educate older adults about the kinds of food needed to stay healthy as they age and how they can buy these foods on fixed income through the Iowa Food Assistance program. Interactive educational presentations.
- In-Home Visitation Program (Boone and Greene County - Provides connectedness and friendship to socially isolated older adults or disabled adults. May be long term or short term (due to illness or recuperation). This is a free service.
- GAP (Grocery Assistance-shopping Program-Greene County) - A service that helps disabled adults of any age and persons age 60 and older who may have difficulty getting groceries from the store to he kitchen. GAP helps participants maintain their independence. Participation may be short term (due to illness or recuperation) or long term. This is a free service.
- RSVP 55+ Volunteer Program - Learn about what RSVP is, what RSVP volunteers do in your community, and how you can become a part of RSVP.
Schedule a Matter of Balance -Falls Prevention Class (Boone County) - A Matter of Balance-Falls Prevention (MOB) is designed to benefit community-dwelling older adults who are concerned about falls, have sustained a fall in the past, restrict activities because of concerns about falling, and are interested in improving flexibility, balance and strength. Classes help participants learn to view falls and fear of falling as controllable, set realistic goals for increasing activity, change their environment to reduce fall risk factors, and promote exercise to increase strength and balance.
Michele Hull, Director
Courtney Clement, Boone County Coordinator
Kristie Hurley, Greene County Coordinator
515-370-1099 (local cell)