Grocery Assistance-shopping Program
A project of RSVP in Greene County
What is GAP?
- Participation may be short term (temporary illness or recuperation) or long term.
- Volunteers shop so participants can have fresh produce, dairy products and other items they may not have on a regular basis.
- No cash exchanges hands, shopping done with grocery gift card.
- Volunteers provide friendship and support in delivering groceries.
- Participants may request shopping volunteer stay for a visit when groceries delivered giving them social connectedness.
- All volunteers are background checked.
"Danny is as loyal as can be. Always so friendly and
dependable and always gets my groceries right."
Make a difference...one person at a time!
"GAP is a very rewarding experience in many ways. To share
such a small amount of your time to help another person is
so worth while. A friendly smile and a caring attitude can be
the highlight of someone's day or week.
It's a win-win situation for all."
-Edward, GAP Volunteer
Contact RSVP for more information, how to sign up
as a participant, or to volunteer.
Kristie Hurley, Greene County Coordinator
515-370-1099 (local cell)
Michele Hull, Director
Courtney Clement, Boone County Coordinator