Adult Caregiver Respite Program
A project of RSVP in Boone County
What is RSVP Respite?
- Short-term relief is provided for up to 4 hours a week, bi-weekly, or monthly.
- Taking time to care for one self is a necessity to care for a loved one.
- Volunteers give fulltime caregivers a much needed break for rest, renewal, and opportunities to leave the house without worry.
- Volunteers, caregivers, and care recipients build special friendships.
- All volunteers are background checked.
“I feel it is good for my husband to have time to visit with
the people who come. He doesn’t get out to be with
people so this is a great way for him to do that.”
"A respite volunteer helps two people; the caregiver can regain their strength to keep on caring and their loved one gets their care from a restored caregiver."
--L. B., Respite Volunteer
Make a difference...one person at a time!
Contact RSVP for more information, how to sign up
as a participant, or to volunteer.
Michele Hull, Director
Boone County Coordinator